How can I prevent myself from being robbed while shopping this Holiday Season?
Shopping during the holiday season can present unique danger. Taking a few preventive measures can help keep your holiday season joyous.
The holiday season is a time when busy people can become careless and vulnerable to theft and other holiday crimes. The following ten tips can help you be more careful, prepared and aware during the holiday season.
1) Do not leave wallets, purses, Ipods, laptops, and other valuables in plain-sight when you leave your vehicle. Always lock those items in the trunk of your vehicle.
2) Shop during daylight hours whenever possible. If you must shop at night, go with a friend or family member.
3) Dress casually and comfortably.
4) Avoid wearing expensive jewelry.
5) Do not carry a purse or wallet, if possible. Always have your cell phone within arms reach.
6) Always carry your driver’s license or identification along with necessary cash, checks and/or a credit card you expect to use.
7) Even though you are rushed and thinking about a thousand things, stay alert to your surroundings.
8) Be extra careful if you do carry a wallet or purse. They are the prime targets of criminals in crowded shopping areas, transportation terminals, bus stops, on buses and other rapid transit.
9) Avoid overloading yourself with packages. It is important to have clear visibility and freedom of motion to avoid mishaps.
10) Beware of strangers approaching you for any reason. At this time of year, con-artists may try various methods of distracting you with the intention of taking your money or belongings.
Enjoy your holiday season and remember to be safe and sound! Visit our website at www.boddielawgroup3.com as well like us on facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Boddie-Law-Group-LLC/175052059211538